Road Safety Guidelines
Safety Tips For Pedestreans
- Always walk on the footpath. Where there is no footpath try to walk close to the extreme right side of the road so that you can see the oncoming vehicles clearly.
- Cross roads where there are pedestrian crossings. If you don't see any pedestrian crossing around you then watches the road on both sides and cross when it is safe.
- Young children's should not be allowed to walk in the roads alone or play and run in road or road-side. While you walk on roads with your child always hold a hand of your child.
- At night time pedestrians should wear bright or light colored cloth so that drivers coming from both directions can see you clearly even in poor light conditions.
- Do not walk on the road after consuming alcohol or drugs.
- Use extra caution at the time of crossing multi-lane roads.
- Be extra careful at road intersections. Before crossing roads at such areas take a watch around you for oncoming vehicles.
- While walking in rainy weather, take care that your umbrella does not prevent the view of the oncoming vehicles.
Safety Tips For BUS Passengers
- Always maintaining a queue while waiting for a bus. Never stand on queue on middle of the road.
- At the time of boarding a bus do not try to run or chasing the bus. Once you are inside the bus take a seat and hold firmly on the handrail if you are standing.
- Never try to board a overcrowded bus.
- Never try to journey on a footboard of a bus. It could be fatal to you and your life.
- Avoid shouting in side of a bus because your high-pitch noise or talking's may distract the attention of the driver and it could leads to a major road accident.
Safety Tips For School Children / Students
- While you are on the way to your school walk on the footpath only. If there is no footpath on that particular area or road tries to walk on the extreme right hand side of the roads.
- Never walk on the roads in group
- Do not run or rush on the road.
- Cross roads only at Zebra Crossings, never cross a road at a curb or blind corner.
- If you are going to school by a bus, then
- leave your home well ahead of time so that you need not to be in a hurry for catching your school bus.
- when waiting for the school bus always make a queue and stand well back from the main road.
- do not try to boarding the bus until the bus stopped completely.
- similarly, do not try to get off the bus while it was running.
- do not try to fight or shout or play inside of the bus.
- always hold the hand rail while you are standing in the moving bus.
Safety Tips For The Two Wheeler or Motorcyclist
- Never try to drive or ride a scooter or motor cycle without wearing a protective headgear or helmet. Many two wheeler road accidents results in head injury or neck injuries resulting in deaths.
- Use sun glass or goggles to protect your eyes from dust or sun rays.
- At night time use bright or reflective clothing. It will enhance your chances of being seen in the dark.
- Never drive a two wheeler after taking alcohol. It could be fatal to you.
- Obey the traffic rules and regulations.
Safety Tips For The Drivers
- Before starting your journey check your vehicle for any mechanical defects.
- Be it the driver or its occupants always wear the seat belts in proper manner.
- Do not drives in excessive speeds, always keep specified speed limits in mind while driving.
- Never over take a vehicle at narrow bridges, road corners or at blind spots.
- Keep enough distance between you and the car in front of you.
- During driving never try to consume alcohol.
- Do not use mobile phone while you are driving.
- If you feel drowsy or tired after a long driving take a break at a road side hotel or restaurant and refresh yourself.
- Be careful at railway crossings. As you come to a crossing, slow down your vehicle, listen and look both ways before crossing the track.
- While driving at night time use low beams of your head lights.
- Use your horns sparingly. Do not use horns near schools, hospitals and courts.
- While driving always be calm. Never try to be aggressive with other road users or drivers.
- Never overload your vehicle with goods or passengers.
- During night time driving, be extra careful for pedestrians, cyclist, rickshaws and cattle's lying middle of the road.
- During bad weather like heavy storm, fog or rain slow down your vehicle. If you don't see anything well in the dark or through the heavy rain, stop the vehicle at road side till the weather clear again.
- Avoid road rage because it is becoming now a days a major cause of road accidents.